The new commitment to the environment has been bound together through the UK law known as the Environment Act 2021. This law will generally control the UK government as well as the other account related to environmental concerns. The following are the key areas of concern that farmers should look after:
- The act plans to implement an abstraction licensing that will cover the amendment or revocation of licenses.
- In addition, the authority will also establish steps in the reduction of pollution that basically come from wastewater, agriculture, and metal mines.
2-BIODIVERSITY NET GAIN
- For this area, the act plan to elevate the competition for land into farm and to distribute biodiversity and forestry. The main goal for this is to produce wildlife corridors, forests, and imposition of fines for those who will commit illegal logging.
- Under the act, the local government handling this area is required to submit reports every five years period.
- In terms of air quality, the government targets to lower the average level of fine particulate matter present in the air per year.
4-WASTE & WASTE CRIME
- The creation of this act aims to take control in handling single-use plastics. In general, this is highly applicable to all products and on-farm plastics like crop cover and silage wrap.